Friday, August 19, 2011

This is why I live in the East Bay

Well, this and a ton of other reasons... :)

I'm sitting in the Yerba Buena Gardens waiting to go Blues dancing.  It's foggy...like I'm actually in a cloud...damp, hazy...   I'm wearing a skirt, boots, and knee socks -- which is my favorite combination for a chilly San Francisco summer.  My oufit appears to be drawing a lot of attention...which probably means I look inappropriately dressed for the fog...   The diversity of this city never ceases to surprise me.  I was just watching a punk, fairy godmother guy denying the wishes of his very homely over weight friend... corporate people and professors types have walked by, teenagers, hippies, computer guys, moms, old people, fashion people... With every race and color mixed in. 

There's no place like San Francisco.

No comments: