Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rain

Today it rained. A lot.

The shows I saw today were Mission Drift, and Henry Paker. Mission Drift was an American group that did a show about ... the American dream. I think. Regardless, it was performed well and the music was quite alluring.

Henry Paker was stand-up comedian from England. I was the only person of color (and I think the only American) at this particular performance. At one point Henry said something about oriental cooking, and a woman a few people down leaned over to see my reaction...? It was just a reference...? so, that was weird... but he was pretty good. :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I can just picture the staring-in -your-direction motion of the crowd, did you pretend to be offended? ha-ha. Hope these performances were not all outdoors in the rain?

kristen said...

i pretended like there was nothing to be offended about at all. :) i think only the street performers are in the rain... most stuff is inside.