Sunday, August 14, 2011

A New York minute...


After a really late night, I woke up pretty easily on Thursday, got everything done at the apartment, left right on time, got on Airlink to Edinburgh airport, freaked out because I was supposed to be going to Glascow airport, hopped off Airlink intending to get on the train to Glascow, thought it would take too long and grabbed a cab. The cab quoted 125 pounds and said it would take an hour to get to Glascow. I told him I was on a flight to NY at 12:05pm (it was then 10:30am)... about 7 minutes later the cab driver asked to see my ticket info because he checked the flights at Glascow (on his iPhone while driving) and nothing was going to NY at or around 12:05pm... 25 pounds later he dropped me off at Edinburgh airport with just enough time to get on my flight. Whew!! CRAZY!!!! How did I not look to see what airport I was flying from...?!!

I landed in New York at 2:50pm, met up with Simón to drop stuff off and get cleaned up, and then headed out to meet Patrick for the 7:30pm arrival time for Sleep No More (an interactive Macbeth performance). The show was interesting, and fun to experience, but I wanted to see a stronger storyline. ?

After the show, Patrick and I walked a bit of the highline, and then headed down to meet Desire (in the picture above) and her friends at a party where I was also meeting back up with Simón (who is also in the picture above, but you can't really see him). It was so great to see Des!

Friday, I got to have a late lunch with the lovely Holly Chou, and then Simón took me to a very nice dinner with him and his brother. Afterward, we split from his brother and hit a Speakeasy near Chinatown. ... "it's supposed to be right here..."

On Saturday, Simón and I rode a lot of public transportation :), saw a NY fringe show called... Billy? (I think that was the name) ...and I purposely missed my flight home. We had a nice dinner at a Turkish restaurant and sat on his back patio in the rain, chatting and smoking hookah.

It's Sunday. I'm about to head to the airport and I can't believe how perfect that last two weeks have been. There were some hard moments, and some lonely moments, but what a great adventure....

:)

2 comments:

des said...

seoul sista! it was so fun seeing you- come back soon-

kristen said...

i want to click "like" on your comment. :)