Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Paris

I'm sitting in my penthouse apartment listening to someone play the guitar on the canal.  It's 1:43am and I'm actually not exhausted.  This is the lastest I've been able to stay awake in this country.  I think I'm finally beating the jetlag. 

I was able to meet up with a friend tonight, which was nice.  It made me feel much closer to home to just be able to have an entire conversation in more than basic English.  I didn't realize I hadn't had a conversation like that in over 2 days. 

I've walked a ridiculous amount of Paris.  I know the trains well, have figured out how to get wifi and a toilet for free (given the right circumstances), and have seen some enchanting views and gorgeous tiny cobblestone streets. 

Today, a painter took a photo of me and said I might show up in his art some day. 

2 comments:

Stacey said...

that would be cool to see that painter's art! we'll have to be on the look out!

guitar on the canal at 1:43am - sounds like a movie...

kristen said...

the guitar on the canal was perfect... :) one of my favorite moments in paris.