Friday, August 5, 2011

Edinburgh


Edinburgh feels so easy compared to Paris. Speaking the language makes a huge difference, the people are nice, and everything is pretty close. I am missing the ease of public transportation, and the mystery and romance of Paris, but Edinburgh is beautiful and quite charming.

I saw a Chinese performance in the Princes Gardens today, checked out a comedy show called 4 Poofs and a Piano, and got a free ticket to Sex You (I'm gonna), which was a "show" about this guy trying to have sex with an audience member. I actually really liked Sex You, much more than I thought I would. It was like 3 weeks of dating someone who's really trying to impress you smashed into 45 minutes...sort of. :)

There were a ton of street performances going on, and the city is buzzing with the festival.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad you liked Edinburgh - sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the shows! Are the comedy shows funny for you? or are the jokes more tailored to the local folk?

kristen said...

i definitely didn't get some of the jokes, but they were still pretty funny. :)