Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Locked out

My apartment manager told me when I moved in that I should always leave the door knob unlocked because that way I will never lock myself out -- I'll always need the keys to lock the deadbolts and, therefore, to lock the door. Well, he was wrong. My top dead bolt is a little touchy so apparently, when I shut the door too hard, it will lock all by itself.

Great.

I'm standing in the hallway listening to the pothead guys down the hall rap about Oakland on some kind of crappy PA system. Young, white, fratboy/indie rocker looking dudes. (Hey, does that mean they're hipsters? Guess it depends on who's defining hipster, huh... ?) Supposedly they are 17 and one of their father's signed for them to live here on their own. Lucky us. Although, I have to admit that they are pretty nice, and ... decent rappers? Decent might be too generous... ambitious rappers. ...er, well, they're rappers.

I got myself in this predicament by doing laundry in my building instead of going to the laundry mat.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Brite Lines said...

Michael and I kept running into those guys when we were helping you move in. A cloud of pot smoke follows them, kind of like dirt with Pigpen. I hope you got in!