Saturday, August 23, 2008

Welcome to San Francisco

I just landed and am standing in line at customs.

Right off the plane, I walked into the woman's bathroom and pushed open an already partly open door to find an elderly Chinese woman greeting me happily from the pot. I'm assuming the door came open after she sat down so she couldn't do anything about it, but the greeting felt like she'd left the door open and had been sitting there waiting to see me.

Speaking of bathrooms, one thing I don't understand about the Chinese is why they don't put toilet paper in the toilet. They put it in a trash can next to the toilet. ...or next to those little squatter things.

My legs are so sore from sitting for so long.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

WELCOME HOME! About the toilet paper thing...they do that in Tijuana too. Or at least they did the last time I was there, more than ten years ago. I've been told that its because of the old sewer systems. I guess they can handle human waste with no issue but the paper messes them all up. In one bar bathroom in Tijuana there were two ladies sitting near the sink who's job was to distribute TP. You'd walk in, they'd hand you a few sheets of toilet paper, and then you'd go on to do what you came to do. Odd. But I guess it keeps people from using up all that expensive paper.