Thursday, August 14, 2008

7 hours to go...

This won't post until i'm on the ground, but i'm not sure what to do for the next 7 hours. I've taken 2 naps, eaten ... lunch?, watched the opening ceremonies on Josh's computer... It's really warm in the cabin so, as Michael would put it, i'm a hot mess (although, am I using that expression correctly?), and I have 7 hours to go...

Today i'm wearing goucho pants because I thought they'd be comfortable to travel in. When I was going through security at the airport, they put me in this little glass cage because, even though I didn't beep going through the metal detector, my pants were too baggy and I needed to be frisked. Josh took pictures of me standing in the cage.

I have no idea what's going to happen once we reach China. That's been one of the hardest things for me in traveling with this side of Josh's family. We just show up and they have a place for us to stay and an agenda all laid out. When we were in Japan I never ordered a meal for myself, it was all arranged...and all of the arrangements were in Chinese or just taken care of for us as we went. It's not a bad way to travel, just hard for me - probably because I'm used to being the one who's responsible for making the plans and knowing the details, and used to making at least a few decisions during the course of a day. :) ...but I think it's good to learn to let go every once in a while. Josh said this will be different than Japan because his dad lives here and we'll be at the Olympic events. Aside from judo, ping pong, and tae kwondo, i'm still not sure what we're going to see.

I'm not really as unhappy as that photo might lead you to believe, I had just woken up and discovered 7 hours...but now it's less.... :)


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the cabin was hot and you were sweaty and sticky, i would have used the phrase, "sweaty mess." Hot mess is close, but a hot mess is when you look like crap beyond embarassing and a paperbag should be placed over head to conceal your identity. :) that my friend, could never be you.