Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shopping!

We didn't have any tickets to events today, so we decided to go shopping. I was hoping that getting out would help me to feel a little better, and surprisingly it did.



I went into one store and was looking at skirts. I grabbed an X-small and was approached by one of the salesmen. I asked him if he spoke English. He gestured for another salesman to come over. The new salesman asked "would you like to try it on?". I said yes. Then, both salesmen looked at my hip area, discussed a bit, and traded the X-small for a Small! I didn't argue, I just went in the dressingroom and tried it on. It seemed too big to me, but I went out and showed Josh. He said, "hm, that's too big, do they have a smaller one?". The first salesman gave the second one a look like he thought the first skirt was the right size. The second salesman gave me the X-small to take back into the dressingroom. It fit perfect, but neither Josh or I really loved it, so we left it behind.



When I told Josh the story as we were walking out, we were laughing that the sales guys would size me like that! But then, Josh was saying that size isn't as big of a deal in China because nobody's fat...

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: