Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reckless abandon

This photo is of an abandoned hospital, the third of three stops on a late night spooky adventure.  

The first stop was a terrifying abandoned amusement park turned haunted amusement park in Guerneville.  I don't actually like haunted houses, and I don't know if I've ever been as scared as I was in this one.  My heart was beating out of my chest and I was literally sweating by the time we walked out of there.  I actually think there was a point at which the people working/scaring felt sort of bad for me.  I'm kind of embarrassed at how completely terrified I was...but, one of the guys I was with said I was great, that the people who worked there were waiting for someone like me to show up all night, and that he wished he could be in my head and feel that way.  !!!

The second stop was an abandoned winery in Santa Rosa.  A beautiful dilapidated set of buildings at the end of a field -- covered in graffiti with the moon shining through the fallen roofs. 

I have a friend who has a thing for abandoned stuff and, apparently, I "seem like a risk taker" so he knew I would go on this adventure.... the haunted amusement park was a little much for me.  The rest of it was a little spooky, but lovely...  


2 comments:

Gabriella said...

That amusement park is pretty spooky even in the daylight. I can only imagine what it was like at night!

chrish said...

Where is the hospital at?