Wednesday, October 12, 2011

City of Roses

I arrived in the City of Roses on Saturday afternoon and realized that the last time I had been there was in 2006, just before Danny and I broke up... Who knew that would come rushing back as I walked passed the security gate... 

Portland hasn't changed -- it's just as beautiful and friendly and easy as I remembered.  I, on the other hand, have changed quite a bit....

I needed to run some errands, so I went to the mall across the street from my hotel.  I walked in and a very handsome young man started talking to me.  He said he was looking for his new fiancé and wanted to know my name.  I told him and said that I was looking for a make-up brush.  As I walked away, he called to me.  "Kristen, wait up!  So, you're not wearing any make-up right now?  Well, then you don't need it because you look beautiful.".  He was sweet.  He asked my age so I told him I was 36, and he said, "I'm 19, but I'll be 20 next week.  Can I call you?". I told him I was only there until tomorrow but that he had just made my day. 

Next on the agenda was a dinner with Jason and Erin and their two beautiful kids.  It was so great to catch up with them and meet their little ones. 

This visit was for Stacy and John's wedding.  They had a late happy hour reception on Saturday night, and then a nice ceremony in small banquet hall in the woods on Sunday afternoon.  I didn't get to see them enough, but I wish them the very best as they move forward in this new phase of their life. 

No comments: