Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A reunion of sorts

Andy's birthday party.  :)

...

The Mass and Lower Forty Eight.

I still have the playlist from the first Mass show ever played in San Francisco...  It was the one thing I couldn't part with the year I gave Matt a collection of reviews and other Mass related things I had accumulated over the years.  The show was at the Attic with Good for Cows - March of 2001.  It was a Sunday. The guys had a jar full of ear plugs for the audience that night, and were tame in the photos I took of them.    

The first time the Mass played with Lower Forty Eight was for an LFE CD release show in an upstairs...gallery?  Phil had seen them play and invited them to open.  Andy and Ian were in suits that night, and Andy's guitar playing was aMAZing!  After the show, I told Matt that I really liked the Forty Eight Feet people.  Matt had a knack for translating my butchering of band names.  "You mean Lower Forty Eight?" 

My favorite shows were: the night they played 12 Galaxies after their tour, the BoTH CD release show, the Halloween show at Matthew's warehouse, Toxic Beach, and the Golden Bull show after their last tour.

I miss going to see these bands - late nights, smack talk, cigarettes, venues covered in stickers and sweat... 

Up until their first tour, I could count the Mass shows that I had missed on one hand.

1 comment:

lundergaard said...

we sure have come a long way! not. ha. glad you were there for the fun!