Sunday, April 10, 2011

The biz


There's something about being backstage that I love... wait, change that to being anywhere near a stage....  :)

I just love being in the theater.

Last week I shadowed my favorite lighting designer friend for the Destiny Arts show, this week I'm volunteering with the stage manager and the prop master at a Z Space show, and next weekend I'll be putting up a show I am co-producing in an underground warehouse space.  I'm working on what I want my focus to be in this industry, and doing anything anyone will let me until I figure it out.  :)

In the meantime, I'm meeting talented people, learning a ton, and seeing some incredible shows!  These last two shows have been remarkably powerful.  The Destiny show gives inner city kids a voice and a place to express themselves and impact their communities for positive change, and Sins Invalid is an amazing look at people with disabilities and their unsurpassing beauty. 

No comments: