Thursday, August 19, 2010

"You gotta keep on your toes...you never know what might be coming at ya..."

One night when I was a waitress, I was swinging my tray around and I accidentally launched it at a couple at a nearby table. The tray flew and hit the side of their table pretty hard. I ran up right after it and, in the middle of their shock, grabbed the tray and said, "You gotta keep on your toes...you never know what might be coming at ya! Haha :) ". They seemed entertained - and as I walked away I tried to figure out what the hell had just happened.

Last night, I was at a progressive birthday party with a Pirate theme, which included a stop at a Pirate themed bar. One of the girls at the party was only 20 years old, so early in the night we knew we'd have to come up with a plan to get her into the bar. When we arrived (at the bar), me, the 20 year old, and her 21 year old friend were standing on the street devising a plan while waiting for the rest of the party to arrive. While we were standing there, a guy turns from a group of girls and says to us, "You can come to my party too!"...which we soon realized was inside the bar. Me and the 21 year old were on the same page... she said, "Maybe you can help us... see, my friend is only 20 years old... can you get her in?" I stepped in and said, "Here's what we need you to do... just put your arm around her, and just walk her in..." Simple. He said his name was Mohammed. He started toward the door, so we tucked the 20 year old under his arm and followed them. As he entered the door, the door man was eyeballing our young friend, so I quickly put my ID in his face as a distraction. It worked like a charm and soon we were all crashing Mohammed's party in the basement of the bar.

Sometimes things just work out perfectly when you least expect it.... :)

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: