Tuesday, August 24, 2010

from "the book" (face)....

So, last night, I can't get this sad song out of my head that starts with the lyrics "once upon a time...", so I post that as my status update... and this is what ensued.

``````````````````````````````````

once upon a time...

o
in the land of enchanted hills.

o
I bought a sandwich and it was good

o
so I bought another and brought it to the King

o
And the king gave me a horse and rode through the town

o
telling everyone how much he LOVED the sandwich! he told the town's people that anyone who brings him a good sandwich... will also get a horse. ... until they run out of horses...

o
In the mean time, the horses got together and decided that their safety, health and overall well being were not to be tempered with in such a reckless manner. So instead they...

o
made amazing sandwiches for the King. Upon presenting them the King granted them their freedom from humans and gave them each a large tract of land for their own.

o
Until the land ran out and the King began giving away his daughters to those that brought him a sandwich. He had 7 daughters in total....

o
And I gave the king 7 sandwichs. Then the king gave me all 7 daughters. But as I looked at them I quickly realized that they were gigantic. And so I took my horse and rode away very very fast...

o
....the ride was terrible and my thirst great. I took a drink from the tanned deer's bladder that one of the giant daughter's gave me. It was full of her tears; she claimed her tears were more hydrating than coconut milk. As I rode I got ......woozy. The next thing I remember is coming to in a dark, dank room; my head was pounding. I wasn't able to move my body and my clothes felt soggy. A man with a taut brow in a black robe appeared in my field of vision. He stared at me then asked, "Tell me, why are you so soggy?"

o
i replied, "i've been drinking the tears of a giant woman... "

o
Is that like drinking from a firehose?

o
said the man in the black robe...

o
there was a stable boy who hated cheese puffs.

o
Because...they always turned his fingers orange...

o
He considered his fingers to be for either horse manure, pleasure or both. Orange would not do. Orange was a fever dream.

o
the man in the black robe said aloud... "but that's probably the enchanted hills talking...ha!" still, it brought him to the conclusion that i must be soggy because i was drinking from a firehose of tears! he and i spoke of my adventures for a while until he finally said, "how can i help you, soggy man, who's been riding on a horse that owns land, with 7 giant daughters full of tears chasing you?"....i still couldn't move and didn't know how to respond. my robed friend furrowed his brow...thought for a minute...

...and then made me a perfect sandwich...

the end.

:) love you all.

No comments: