Monday, June 28, 2010

Spit?

In the last week, I spent some amazing time with Jen, Simón, Joan, and stage combat! :) We had a 2 day workshop with Rapiers and daggers, bucklers, cloaks, and then single rapier. My arms are SORE.

On Friday night, I went to see a show at the Boxcar Theater with Simón. After the show, as we were leaving, some crazy girl in a bumperless car decided to try to parallel park in the giant space in front of mine. This girl obviously had some driving issues...she was holding up traffic with half of her car in the parking space and half still sticking out in traffic for a while. At one point, she started backing up into her space, but she hadn't pulled forward enough to get the right trajectory, so she came close to hitting me. I started backing up my car to give her more room. I gave her some little warning beeps when she got a little too close. I thought I was being friendly...like, I was trying to help the vehicle operationally challenged, right? I was just trying to get out of the way and make sure she didn't hit me. About a minute after I beeped at her, this girl got out of her car and started to approach me. I thought she wanted to talk so I rolled down my window. She said, "BLEEP! Why don't you back the BLEEP! up so I can park?! ". This was followed by a lot of yelling at me and acting crazy in the street. I think I responded with something like, "Maybe you should learn how to BLEEP! drive!". Simón kept saying, "Just breathe...". Then the girl yelled, "I WILL SPIT ON YOU! YEAH, I WILL SPIT ON YOU!!". Um...whaaaaaaat? I didn't know how to respond to that. 'I will spit on you??' I quietly repeated it to myself... I mean, come on now, really? I just sat there looking at her like she was CRAZY. She got back in her car and pulled forward enough for me to get by, so I high-tailed it out of there. GEEZ!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

me said...

Um...this is why you always carry a rapier/dagger set with you wherever you go, so that when someone says "I will SPIT on you!" you can reply, "I will STAB YOU IN THE FACE!"

kristen said...

LOL! Holly, I love you. :)