Sunday, June 6, 2010

Love

I once heard a speaker talk about love...

Love is not a strong feeling, he said. Love is a judgment, a decision, and a commitment. At the time, I thought that was a bunch of bullshit.

I had lunch with this guy I know. He told me that he loves his girlfriend (that he /loves/ his girlfriend), but he wants to see other people because the passion has faded... He told his girlfriend that he wants to do this but she, of course, doesn't want an open relationship, she wants to get married. He tried to break up with her, but it was too hard so he's now trying to make it work with her... And, after telling me all of this, he proceeded to flirt with me. Seriously?!!

My grandparents have been married for something like 62 years. They're in their 80s and they still hold hands and make each other laugh.

Passion is defined as any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling. Love is defined as a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

I believe in love.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile