Monday, July 23, 2012

Shake it all about

The Butterfly Effect.  

I have so much in my head...  

I'm presently freezing my ass off in an apartment on the 22nd floor of an air conditioned building in the middle of Manhattan.  It's very much summer outside, and the feel of it makes me long for it....   

I've been working on this trip since the beginning of the year, but the pieces didn't fall into place until last Tuesday...and then everything happened so fast that I feel like I can't remember how I got here.  ...though, the 7 hours I spent on a plane next to an old woman whose first question to me was, "Do you speak English?" should jog some memories.  Well, that and the cab driver who somewhat shyly asked me if I was Japanese and if I knew the Japanese baseball guy who was transferred from Seattle to the Yankees.  I'm pretty sure he meant to ask if I knew of him....even though that's not at all how it seemed.  Oh, New York... there's something about you that's always so real.  I love that.

I'm missing someone right now.