Saturday, May 7, 2011

Little gifts

Despite my nasty cold - this week was full of little gifts.

David gave me some of the best cold medicine ever.
Michelle told me my feelings of frustration about a situation at work
were justified, but to let them go... because they weren't worth
hanging on to.
I got to take a day off to rest and take care of my cold.
TBA gave me tickets to see Hugh Jackman, and Michael was able to go with me.
Pam stopped by my desk to tell me a story about her giving old oil
paints to a homeless man.
Mel gave me a little pink ninja she found because I was the first
person she thought of when she saw it.
Angela signed up and started taking improv classes after a
conversation we had about being in the moment.
Lili sent me cute cat pictures when I happened to be in the middle of
a travel crisis at work.
Devin completely indulged me in a moment of paranoid insecurity.
Sean helped me prepare a lunch for Susana and team with the most
generous spirit.
Kasmira told me stories about her charming clumsy moments.
I had a happy hour evening with a bunch of new friends.
Rob fixed the computer connection to my phone, and then told me he had
no idea how he did it, which was just so honest that it made me smile.
Liz told me that she was going to sneeze, and then I sneezed, and then
she sneezed - and then we giggled uncontrollably disrupting everyone
around us.
Gabriella sent me email hugs all week.
I got to attend Amber's CD release party.
Isabel invited me to watch a movie with her and her friend, and it was
the most fun I think I've ever had watching a depressing movie.
Dave let me lead Broadsword class in a completely ridiculous salute.

My heart is smiling.

No comments: