Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hugh Jackman

I managed to score tickets to opening night of Hugh Jackman's show at the Curran Theatre tonight.  DELIGHTFUL!!!  My friend Michael joined me and it was so much fun!!  

I'm not sure if my favorite part was watching Hugh change his pants on stage after he split them doing weird karate kicks in one of his opening songs, his dialog with the 7 year old girl in the front row, watching him shake his ass with the older gentleman who said he was a Broadway fan, or the revival of his first audition piece... his singing, dancing, stories, full orchestra (!), silly mishaps... the whole show was amazing!!!  Richard Marx joined him on stage at the end of the night and they sang a duet to Right Here Waiting... *sigh* 

As we drove across the Bay, Michael and I agreed that part of Hugh's allure is his ability to be campy... but, after giving it more thought, I think it's more of a true authenticity that brings out his charm.  He sang the Lion King song with just as much heart and enthusiasm as when he sang As Time Goes By, and then he danced around the stage in a beaded shirt tied at the waist! 

Wow, what a handsome and enchanting man...

2 comments:

Gabriella said...

Oh! I die from the envy! Mr. Jackman is a true performer. Love him!

SFSairy said...

Not to mention that he's a total HOTTIE! Jealous! : )