Monday, June 18, 2012

At the bagel shop....

I was sitting outside the bagel shop, reading and enjoying the day, when a couple walked up.  The boy slyly gave me a smile as they walked through the door. 

As I sat, contemplating how in the 5 minutes it took me to walk there I'd been smiled at by 3 different men accompanying their wives/girlfriends, and finding myself unsure on how I felt about that, the couple emerged back onto the patio. 

They were handsome together.  The girl had wavy, sandy hair falling to her shoulders, and long bangs covering one of her eyes.  She was in a simple sundress with just the right cinching and bunching to make it worthy of a special occasion.  She had big round eyes surrounded by perfect angles.  She was lovely. 

He was the casual mirror of she, with a touch of ethnicity...darkening his features. 

As they ate, she barely moved -- maintaining a perfect picture.  He fidgeted, stole glances -- shifted. 

When he left to get her a cup of water, the picture changed...briefly. 

Her smile returned as he did and, without affection, they got up from their table and continued on their way....

No comments: