Tuesday, April 17, 2012

wersthecat

Sometimes I wake to little ears perked over fluffy billows on an old feather bed I store on the top shelf of my closet.  Mercy leaps up there gracefully from the top of my clothes tower.  When she hears me stirring in the morning, her little ears appear and wait for me to show signs of being awake, and then she jumps down and greets me on my bed.  She likes to nudge her head into my hand while incessantly purring.  Frankie J also likes to greet me on my bed in the morning, purring and headbutting... but, Frankie will stop and cuddle if she finds that I'm still hitting snooze. 

There's a great Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin sits up, sleepy in his bed, and is suddenly very aware of Hobbes flying through the air at him.  Hobbes tackles him and they roll around in a scuffle, and when they stop, Calvin says, "It's hard to stay mad at someone who misses you while you sleep.".  :) 

~~~~~~~~

I haven't mentioned that I attended my first Jewish Seder. Isabel and Wilder and Emily all had birthdays. Maureen had a bbq.  And, I got to see an amazing performance by the Marcus Shelby Orchestra.  All awesome in distinctly different and delightful ways.


No comments: