Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This is a picture from the DNA lounge on an all ages night.  Once I got past the fact that I was probably dancing next to a few 18 year olds, I had so much fun... !  :) 

I find myself in these moments thinking, "I'm too old for this..." and then, "Ah, what the hell -- "  haha.  :D

~~~~~~~~

Theater I need to mention:

Bring It On the Musical was FANTASTIC!!!  It was pure fun, and one of the most beautifully lit shows I think I've ever seen.  I'm not a fan of the Bring It On movies, but the live performance with the cheerleading stunts, dancing, incredible actors (who were all gorgeous, by the way) was exquisite. 

Then, Wilde Bride... !!!  A completely physical, rhythmic, dark, charming journey through ... life.  Deep and lovely and, a bit ineffable.  Blew my mind -- SO GOOD!!

I also need to mention Ratcreek, the show I ran the lights for last week.  I guess the director is known for working with senior citizens, people in recovery, and people with mental illnesses -- which, turns out, makes for some pretty remarkable performers!  There was such a raw beauty in the people in the show.  I loved the crazy poetic writing, the outrageous make-up, and the exceptional use of trash.  Really creative comedic direction... so inspiring!!!

No comments: