Saturday, October 30, 2010

East vs West, Right vs Left

At a bar on Folsom where I'm meeting some friends, there's a bun truck outside, so I order from it. I'm waiting to receive my food and this man starts to talk to me. He's older, from New York, and is visiting his friend in San Francisco. I tell him I've been toying with the idea of moving to New York and he says to me, "Don't move to New York - just visit. Move into San Francisco instead - it's so much nicer here. Don't move to New York".

Every time I set foot in New York, I feel like I have to move there...and every time I come back to the Bay I fall in love with it again.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

me said...

I agree with that guy. Living in SF is so far superior to living in New York. Visiting New York is fun. Living here grinds you down and fills you up with the kind of rage you didn't know existed.

But if you DO move to New York, come play with me all the time.