Sunday, March 14, 2010

Random snippets from the trenches of singledom

I wanted to post an unflattering picture of my friends from the club last night, but decided they probably wouldn't appreciate that -- so, here's a picture of the view from my bosses house instead. :)

At the bagel shop, the guy who works there asked if I wanted meat on my breakfast bagel. I said no. Then he asked if I wanted a boyfriend... and if I wanted to go bowling...

Last night at the club, I was with 3 guy friends who are all very good-looking. I surrounded myself with them and still managed to get hit on by a big Filipino guy named Romeo.

I have to admit, the attention is kind of nice -- but I have no idea what to do with it.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Brite Lines said...

Does this kind of encounter ever make you feel unsafe?
I was in whole foods yesterday and this 50 something guy with a 4 year old daughter (granddaughter?) was in the tofu section. After they cleared out, I went to make my selection. The guy turned around, left his cart (and kid) and walked over to me to say, "I just HAD to tell you, you're so fine. Your heels and just...*sigh*" He shook his head slightly. I was so taken aback I snapped "thanks" as dryly and sarcastically as I could possibly muster and tried to look incredibly irritated. He sheepishly retreated. The "fine" part was especially creepy. I was more or less dressed like a slob and had jeans, a track jacket and old sandals on but he looked at me like I was wearing some kind of getup from Fredericks of Hollywood with 7" lucite stillettos. I felt like if I had been walking down 4th street at 7PM alone and had encoutnered this guy he would have tried something. Thank god I was in a grocery store.

Anonymous said...

Weird but the bagel encounter reminds me of this story I heard about a young guy who noticed a beautiful girl working in an ice cream shop. He brought his friends in one night and they hung around WAY longer than any group of teenagers would hang in an ice cream shop. Once the line for ice cream died down, he got up the courage to introduce himself and asked for her number. And to his surprise, she gave it to him! They dated briefly but have remained good friends. That guy is very fortunate for that evening and I am glad I got to tell his story. -JPP

Anonymous said...

Oh, and one more thing, who can blame the bagel guy... or Romeo?

kristen said...

"bright lines", no, the encounters i spoke of didn't make me feel unsafe. those guys were very sweet and flattering. i can see why the situation you spoke of might make you a bit uncomfortable though. that guy sounds kind of icky. sorry you had to deal with that.

"JPP" - that guy in the ice cream shop was the cutest guy that girl thought she had ever seen. ;)