Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lego man

When I came to the laundry mat tonight, there was a little lego man sitting on the table. He had a little leash and a little dog and he was just sitting there, like someone had emptied him out of their pocket and left him. Him and his little dog. I thought about photographing him, but decided it didn't make any sense.

There was a guy in the laundry mat who saw the little lego man on the table after I left. He picked him up and saved him for me, so when I came back to move my laundry from the washer to the dryer, he looked up from his seat and enthusiastically asked, "did you leave your lego man??". I was perplexed. Another guy walked in at the same time as me, so I looked at that guy, and he answered "no". The lego rescuer also looked at that guy, and then back at me and said, "cause I saw him at the table you were at after you left." to which I replied, "are you talking to me??". He nodded. I told him it wasn't mine. He sat there for a minute thinking, and then got up and took the lego man over to the change machine. He sat the lego man on the edge of the coin dispenser and started photographing him with his phone. Then, I think he took him and put him in a dryer and photographed him there. I watched him while he was doing this. I was enjoying it so much that I started trying to discreetly photograph him photographing the lego man with my phone. I think I might've been audibly giggling and I was obviously staring. At one point I think he could tell, so I stopped without getting a picture. Soon after, he left with the lego man.

I sat in the laundry mat for the next 20 minutes wishing I had photographed the lego man in the first place.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Brite Lines said...

i bet he would have been ok with you photographing him photographing the lego man. After all, he was photographing a lego man, so clearly he's down.

Anonymous said...

to tag on to what Brite said - legos are awesome. Anyone who takes the time to enjoy the lego guy and his dog, is cool with you taking a photo or two of the experience.

Either way, it's a neat story. -JPP

SFSairy said...

I love your the random stories of your random life adventures, xoxo

xenex11 said...

That story is actually a great metaphor for life...Take pics of the lego man while you can, because when he's gone, he's gone.