Friday, November 6, 2009

Tommy!

So, I'm unpacking some boxes at the apartment about a week ago and decide to drink wine to lessen the pain. It works. Unpacking becomes less painful... so, I keep drinking wine. Then I get on the phone with my friend Holly from New York. She has some stories to tell, so I listen and continue to drink wine. We talk for maybe an hour and a half and by about 1 in the morning, I'm pretty drunk... I go to bed and wake up to a hangover and the Bay Bridge closure. Yay! My usual 30 minute commute is lost to an hour and a half journey into the city via car, ferry, and Muni.

What does this have to do with Tommy, you ask?

I arrive at work, frantic, with about 15 minutes to solve all of the problems of the morning before a SalesForce guy shows up for a set up and training session. He arrives early. I can't get things done fast enough. I'm desperate for coffee and am not in a good state of mind to be trained. As I sit with my coffee and my lingering hangover, he talks faster than I can keep up with, but manages to mention he's in the middle of opening a show in the city. It's the only thing he says to me that really sticks. Theater? YES.

As the training continues, our mutual passion for theater slips through the cracks of formality until we just go to lunch and gush about how much we love theater. This ends in me getting 2 comp tickets to the show he's produced -- Tommy. It was AMAZING!! The music! The acting! The production quality! The story! The story? The lighting! The set!

The lovely Gabriella joined me for the performance, and I randomly ran into Joan for the second night in a row!

Ah, life. :)

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: