Sunday, November 8, 2009

American Idiot

This show had one of the most incredible sets I've ever seen. Wallpapered to the ceiling with newspaper, drawings, black and white photos, and old TV sets -- it transported me into the Bay Area underground rock scene instantly. The set was reminiscent of Oakland warehouses I frequented not too long ago (but longer than I wish) to watch The Mass, Lower Forty Eight, Greenlight the Bombers...

Once I got over the set, I was faced with an hour and a half of Green Day.

Now, I like Green Day, but I'm also familiar with why the Bay Area rock scene has sort of rejected Green Day, and the first half of this show felt very... :/ Yeah. Luckily, the second half managed to transcend the "limits", and I found myself quite moved and a bit nostalgic by the end...and I can honestly say that I loved this show.

I was in the wonderful company of Roland and Josh tonight. :)

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: