Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Always...

I feel like I've gone through a lot in the last 6 months.  A major break up.  A trip to Croatia.  I've had visitors, seen a variety of shows, spent time with friends, met someone new...  Got into a car accident. 

And, I got to go to Disneyland with Phuong and Huy!  

Huy works with a non-profit for Vietnamese students and asked if he could introduce me to one of them to talk about career aspirations.  He kept saying, "When I talk to her I think of you, and she wants to do what you do.".  I agreed to talk to her, and that's how I got to meet the lovely Kavi...who doesn't actually want to do what I do.  :)  But, we had such a great connection, and the kind of inspiring conversation that just fills you right up.  

Kavi was headed to L.A. a couple weeks ago for a short film program, so Phuong and Huy invited me to join them for a trip to see her and to go to Disneyland!  It was SO. MUCH. FUN... !!  And, I got to see Ashley!!!! 

I also got some time to really think through things and I realized, in a very deep way, the lessons that seem to be bombarding me right now -- how very important it is to be grateful and kind no matter what the circumstances.  It's always worth it.  

No comments: