Saturday, May 18, 2013

My hood


I love my neighborhood.  I've been experiencing it in a very different way over the past couple of weeks and this picture seems to "represent"...  :)

~

I've had 12 formal interview appointments since my last day of work.  In some cases I've had multiple interviews during these appointments and in some cases it was a 2nd or 3rd conversation but, needless to say, it's been a lot.   ...and, this is not to mention interspersed random recruiter calls, networking meetings, and multiple conversations with an old friend who wants to be my new financial advisor...  AND, frequent check-ins with my brother, boyfriend, mom, and one of my best friends.  It's all been good, but it's been crazy.  I'm very ready for the search to be over, but I feel like I still might be a couple weeks out... maybe more?  (God, please don't let it be much more...)

In the meantime, I have started trying to have fun on a budget.  I luckily happen to know people who find things, or get me into things that I love, for free.

One of those things was Black Watch, a relatively expensive show that came to the Bay Area that I had to see...but wasn't sure I could justify paying for while on unemployment.  Fortunately, I happen be on the list of a quite lovely PR friend of a friend who was able to get me comp tickets to the show...!!!  ...and it was perfection!!  It was also just an incredible treat in the middle of a frustrating time.  :)

I've also had the chance to check out some free live music, a cheap indie film night where I got to see a film I worked on, a party in the city, a night at the bar without drinks (though, I do that all the time), and the Greek Festival.  I did splurge and go see The Great Gatsby in 3D for the beginning of a friend's birthday night last night...but, I feel like I've been doing pretty good with my budget.  I still spend a lot of time at home these days, but it's not been so bad, especially because I've been exhausted.  

No comments: