Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Marty party

The Marty party was a private birthday concert thrown in an unmarked space just off of Union Square.

Marty is quite a talented singer and song writer -- and also happens to be a very romantic husband.  During this concert he sang a bunch of original songs, a few well done covers, and a favorite song of his wife's that he'd been rehearsing in secret to play for her for his birthday show!   ...  <3  An inspiring night of love and talent, and friendship!  The room was full of what seemed to be Marty's closest friends... and, me. 

I met Marty when Josh and I joined the dragonboat team a few years ago.  When we broke up, the team decided they wanted to keep me....  and then, a few of their guys hit on me right away.  I was so upset that I started avoiding the team, and this has gone on for the last couple of years.  Since then, Marty and his wife have come with Andy (one of the few people I've kept in loose touch with) to support me in some of my shows, and I guess that somehow managed to get me on this very special guest list. 

No comments: