Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dream a little dream

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper, "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

(This is a picture of the super moon from a week or so ago at the Lake Chalet with Anna and Andy....)

I saw a fantastic play at Cutting Ball theater on Friday night.  It was a documentary theater piece called Tenderloin using incredibly versatile, talented actors to bring a diverse, run down, avoided part of town onto a little, black box stage.  Aside from being beautifully performed, the piece brought to mind the humans we tend to forget about when faced with their conditions.   It was an impressive, inventive take on what might have otherwise been forgotten stories...  Thanks Simón. 

On Saturday, I got to spend time with Terry, a very pregnant friend of mine that I used to hang out with in college.  It was so wonderful to just tool around with her and catch up. 

And then, Sunday, I got to see Sky and Dan!  After some previously missed efforts, we finally found ourselves together at a pub in the Haight for a lively catch-up session.  It was soo good to see them.  ...actually, to see all of the above.  :)

I just realized how much has happened since I last wrote, including the House of Prime Rib, twice, and almost getting killed at an abandoned Silo.  Oh, and I saw the Color Purple at Stanford tonight.  Nchedo was in it.  She was fantastic! 

It's amazing going to the House of Prime Rib with a bunch of young guys who have too much money.  Lots and lots of wine.... :)  It's fascinating to go, again, with a whole new set of guys who can finish off a plate to get to the, apparently, free second plate of meat.  !! 

All I have to say about the Silo is when someone is throwing bottles and bricks from a top floor broken window, and seems to be aiming to hit you, it's time to get the hell out of there. 

No comments: