Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back in black

I got to work the hip hop dance fest again with the amazingly talented lighting designer, Jennyb!!  This time I assisted in the lighting booth, so took lots of notes and really soaked in all of the behind the scenes chatter that produces a great show.  It was a lot more brain work for me this year, in lieu of all the crazy running around from last year.  I missed being connected with the stage and the performers, but being in the booth felt like I was more a part of the creative process.  There were definitely benefits to doing both and I'm so grateful to have had the chance to work the show from both perspectives.

This is absolutely one of my favorite shows in the bay area.  It's so inspiring and full of energy that you can't help but leave feeling full of life and ready to dance! 

All of the groups were amazing, but my favorites this year were:  Robot Boys, Academy of Villains, Plague, and FBC.

No comments: