Thursday, October 15, 2009

*deep breath*

I have about 45 minutes before rehearsal, so i'm sitting at the bar at Tokyo a go go waiting for some handrolls and drinking tea. I'm feeling a bit anxious as this is our last dress rehearsal and we're not even dressing for it, AND it's not actually at the theater but at a school, I think. ...but, whatever. It's a locally written and produced low/no budget kids show about old school monsters and new school randomness. It'll be fine. ...I think.

...the lighting in here is weird, but I kind of like all of the circles...

We got the keys to our new apartment today, adding to my lack of a feeling of control, as the furniture slowly begins to disappear from the apartment i've lived in for the last 7 and a half years. We're giving it away in the hopes of getting "grown up" furniture in our new place, which is an all together foreign concept for me. Rather than collecting things that seem functional, I'll be choosing comfort -- and design. Part of me is looking forward to feeling more established, and the other part hates that I even care.

I have stress right now that seems to bubble up inside of me and just sit there. ...because of a simple silly play and moving into a new apartment? Because of what feels like a strangely huge life shift that I didn't realize I was making (going from mine and yours to ours) and a show i've actually invited people to (yikes!).

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well? How did it go? I imagine it was wonderful. Keep taking deep breaths. These are life's greatest moments. JP

kristen said...

The rehearsal? It went surprising well. :) The first show, however, not quite as well...but tonight was pretty good. Theater is a constant adventure.

We're right smack in the middle of the move, but it'll all be over soon. Thanks for reading. :)

P.S. I started writing this on Saturday night... just posting now!