Friday, June 12, 2009

At the airport

Is it illegal to take pictures of people in a public place in order to post them on my blog and make fun of them? I mean, I did it in China (the infamous phlegm man) but being half across the world somehow made it seem more okay.

I seem to remember, from my mass communications law class in college, that it is legal to take a photograph of someone if you're both in public or both in private...but not legal to shoot from public to private or vise versa. ...but, I can't remember how publishing laws play out in either case. I know if you're publishing something to make money there has to be some kind of agreement, but if you're just posting on a blog...

Anyway, there's an incredibly annoying man in the airport who's talking loudly on the phone about how some lady keeps calling him to tell him how some kids are going into the neighbor's yard. Apparently he keeps talking to this woman even though, according to him, she annoys him greatly. He keeps telling the person he's on the phone with now how he's so annoyed and how he doesn't f-ing care if the f-ing kids are in the yard. Who cares, he hopes the f-ing kids do fall into the street, who cares! Yeah, and he's just so above this woman that annoys him, that he talks to constantly, that he will sit in the airport and loudly curse the kids in front of a bunch of people waiting for their flights. ...with their kids.

Since the jury's still out on whether or not I can photograph this guy and post him so you can make sure to keep him away from your kids, (the jury... in my head?) I will describe him to you in as much detail as possible. He's Asian. I'm guessing Chinese, because after living around a bunch of Asians, I can actually kind of tell now. About 45yo, 5' 8" with a receding hairline and small eyes that are kind of close together. He seems fit. Looks corporate in that gross I sold my soul to the rat race kind of way, has a mostly nice face (sans the close eyes), slightly nasal medium toned voice, good skin... Yeah, see? He's an average visually normal seeming dude - which is why I really want to photograph him.

...

Ugh, I just walked by him and had to completely resist the urge to punch him in the face.



Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: