Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Night of the fights

The show opened and closed this past weekend. Just a run of two nights. I wish it could've run a bit longer... But such is the life of a Jr. College show.

I was in two scenes. One was made up of excerpts from a Henry Hwang play called FOB where i worked with this great woman named Shawn and my good friend Jermaine. I felt that Andrea (the director of the show) did a great job directing and choregraphing this piece. The scene featured a kung fu fight between me and Jermaine.

The other scene I did was a sword fight from Dangerous Liasons where I had the privledge of fighting with Dave, the incredible fight director I do a lot of work with. it was a short, kind of creepy scene centered around a sword fight.

I thought both of my performances were better the second night. The first night had a lot of mishaps with props and weird audience incidents.

Now, i'm desparately trying to learn the lines for the other show that i'm supposed to be performing in this next Saturday, and then Thursday and Friday following.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Brite Lines said...

I thought you were TOTALLY AWESOME in both! I really liked the creepiness of the scene you did with Dave actually. It was a really family audience on Friday anyway, lots and lots of parents with kids under the age of 5, then a bunch of high school/college age kids who were really into hooting and hollering. It was a really neat mix, actually, there seemed to be something for everyone.