Monday, August 12, 2024

Dimensions

As mentioned in my last post, I went on 2 preplanned trips during my stay with J-. One to Illinois to see my extended family, and one to Paso Robles to head to Sensorio with a subset of #baybrosandsistas. Both trips were quick and well needed. 

In Illinois, I got to see my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, both of my cousins and my cousin's daughter, my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my niece and nephew. What a treat to be with all of them together! We played pop up baseball in the yard, chased fireflies, told stories, and we got to see my grandparents new place in assisted living. My grandparents say they don't like the place, but it seems pretty nice, and they have a lot of space. They also have these super light weight wheel walkers that are left at the door so residences can use them to get back and forth, and when my grandparents use the walkers instead of their canes, they go from being slow and wobbly to walking faster than me! 

About a week after I got back from Illinois, Alex, Jason, Jennifer, Cici, Tim, 3 dogs, and I headed off to Paso Robles for a little road trip. It was so hot there (114 degrees!), so we drove out to Pismo Beach during the day, and then had a very warm start to Sensorio that evening. Sensorio has grown and is as magical as ever! And, the warm start to the night led to the perfect temperature to enjoy the exhibit until it closed. Then, we headed back to our Airbnb to play a few games of Monikers which had us laughing until our stomachs hurt. 😂 Before heading back to the Bay, we got in a nice brunch, and a stop at Sculpterra to see the sculpture garden. 

There's nothing like a great time with family and friends to renew your faith in humanity. And, in this circumstance, it was also an important moment for me to realize how truly fortunate I am to be physically and mentally healthy, and to have people in my life who love and support me. ⚘

No comments: