Thursday, August 17, 2023

Summertime

This is the view from the second floor loft into the main room of Mel's lake house in Michigan. I got to join the second annual week long NoMi Rendezvous again this year (we named it this year, and I'm not positive she's making it annual)! :) It's a beautiful space to stay, and was where we spent most of our time. Activity list: New pontoon boat, paddle boarding, kayaking, water colors, yoga, cooking, we saw a weasel!, beautiful sunsets, and lots of hanging around and connecting. We ended this year with a movie night back in Traverse City. 

Then on to Colorado I went to spend a week with my family and to celebrate my dad's 75 birthday! The highlights include: Dad's birthday dinner at Restaurant 1858 (which was right at the base of Seven Falls, pictured here), rescuing Todd and Joy from falling off the raft (and after the boat broke on boat day), hanging out with Joy in the pool at the club (where I think she swam for 3 hours straight!), getting to see some old friends and parts of their families (Mark, Katie, Wendy), Joshua's soccer practices (he's really good!), and just getting some positive and easy family time. 💖

No comments: