Sunday, November 23, 2014

...the moment seizes us.

My transition from Admin to Event Producer has (of course) been more challenging than I expected it would be...  I love being close to all of the shows, the work feels right, and I've been learning so much -- but, it's hard being back in that uncomfortable place of not knowing how to really contribute in a valuable way.  I know it comes with time, and with every new job, but I just want to be there now.

That being said, things have been going pretty well.  :)

We recently hosted an award night for physicists where we got to screen the new Stephen Hawking film.  The film company wanted a high quality viewing experience, so they brought in and built a state of the art movie theater for the night -- and, it was AWESOME!!  It was completely exciting watching the whole thing come together.  They built these giant speaker towers, put together and mounted the screen, added surround sound speakers, did these fascinating projector tests... It made me happy all day, and then the event was chaotic and full of energy, and I just loved every minute of it.  !!  

No comments: