Saturday, February 2, 2013

All the things I haven't said...


No, not really. 

...but, I will tell you that I am well underway in planning the next Eight, which will take place on next Friday.  The 8th.

...and, that my birthday was really nice. :)  I was surrounded by the best kind of friends -- for which I am endlessly grateful.

~

In the last few years, I've discovered that I'm either not good at throwing birthday parties (last minute random plans that half of the people I invite can't make), or super amazing at throwing birthday parties (managing to pull together an awesome 10 act show in a very raw space in two weeks flat...and, that should probably say "party") and, either way, the friends who share it with me make my day.

Aatman took me out for a post-birthday night on the town that was full of delicious food and rich culture -- my favorite kind of night on the town :)  ...and did you see the picture he drew for me?  It's beautiful...and, a weird feeling to find yourself completely impressed, kind of embarrassed, and very proud all at the same time.  (It was a pencil drawing of a photo he took of me.)  He's amazing.

Oh, and me and Mel saw Reggie Watts perform at the Independent!  The show was good and the night was awesome.  I completely overbooked myself and magically got everything done with ease, and in great company... I love that!

And! Troublemaker at Berkeley Rep was fricken fantastic!!  ;)  A quirky, lovable, stylized accomplishment in pushing the limits of the teenage vernacular while addressing the forces of our modern day society.  Committed, over the top performances that ROCKED, and a good look at growing up.  

No comments: