Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Moments

In the last week, I saw the Care of Trees, Kronos Quartet and Wu Man, attended a close friend's baby shower, and joined a soccer team.  :) 

Care of Trees was beautiful...!! 

I wanted to take my friend Liz to see a show to celebrate her birthday. I skimmed the description of this play and was pretty sure it was going to be a comedy about relationships.  ...geez, was I wrong.  I guess that's what I get for skimming descriptions and avoiding reviews... It was an emotionally charged performance about the grieving process and letting go - and it was absolutely beautiful. Only two shows have instantly brought me to my feet, and this was one of them. 

A couple days later I got to see the Kronos Quartet and Wu Man perform...!  A visual and musical journey through the history and evolution of China by some of the most talented musicians I think I've ever seen.  Incredible!

The baby shower was for my lovely friend Maureen.  A celebration of an exciting time and an opportunity to send her and her husband off with blessings and support into this new and exciting phase of their life.  :) 

...and then, the soccer team.  I was soo tired, and we lost like 8 to 2...but it was completely energizing to just run around with a bunch of new friends. 

:)

This picture is from the hallway of a director/friend I know who invited me over to study Shakespeare.

Moments. :)

No comments: