Sunday, February 1, 2009

UFC

I took Josh out to a bar for the fight tonight to celebrate his birthday - which was earlier this month. We invited some of his friends and headed to the 2nd best sports bar in the country (voted by sports illustrated in 2004) in San Leandro.

UFC is a strangely compelling sport. Not something I ever would've thought I could enjoy - but something I find myself enjoying somehow. I don't know that I would still seek it out if I didn't have a boyfriend who was an enthusiast, but who knows? It's always interesting to watch people fight. Why is that? When a fight used to break out at school, everyone would stop what they were doing and watch.

In UFC, it's a little different from a schoolyard brawl because it's organized fighting done (usually. ...er, sometimes) with a lot of respect for the sport - not just the desire to beat the hell out of someone. But, yeah... It's like watching genres battle it out, (you'd probably have to watch it to really understand what I mean) and that's strangely interesting in itself.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: